An International insurance company is seeking to recruit an assistant Insurance accountant who will be assisting with the financial reporting, regulatory reporting and operational management for the three Malta- based entities of the group.
- Assisting with quarter-close activities for the three Malta-based entities, including the preparation of journal entries for both technical and non-technical transactions and across both Program Management and Legacy operating lines of business.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly management accounts, annual statutory financial statements and regulatory reports.
- Assisting with the provision of reporting and analysis required to meet Group reporting requirements.
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Updating Financial Projections
- Assisting with financial analysis, including variance analysis against budget, for Program Management and Legacy technical results, expenses and investment result.
- Assisting with external and internal audits including helping to compile replies to audit queries raised.
- Implementation of improvements and accelerations in the reporting processes.
- Assisting with the insourcing of finance processes and the implementation of other Group projects and transactions.
- Maintaining compliance with any applicable UK or International statutory or regulatory obligation as required by the role.
- Newly or part-qualified accountant.
- Experience working in the Insurance industry or knowledge of the Insurance industry though studies.
- Experience working within an international environment and multi-divisional organisation would be desirable
- Financial reporting background, with good understanding of general (re)insurance accounting.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II reporting
Find more Jobs in Malta