Competitive salary package
6 days ago
A well established firm offering international pensions solutions, is seeking to employ an Assistant Head of Compliance for its Malta office.
Job duties include:
- Act as the first line of support to the Director and Group Head of Compliance/ MLRO on all compliance matters.
- Be at the forefront of key regulatory changes relevant to the Pensions Industry , provide impact analysis of such changes and ensure proactive communication with the business to develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes.
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to the business on technical compliance matters relating to the sector.
- Be accountable for the implementation of compliance policies, procedures and framework which require close collaboration with or execution by the business.
- Prepare and execute an annual Compliance Monitoring Plan for the business which includes regulatory reporting, sampling and returns.
- Liaison with Regulators as required and provision of support during the Company’s audits and reviews.
- To help deploy policies and procedures that align and monitor company activities to ensure compliance with government, legal and Company compliance standards.
- Conduct compliance risk assessment processes to detect process gaps and inconsistencies.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Assertive leadership skills and capability to lead change and make independent judgement and take decisions. Proven analytical and reporting skills together with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning.
- Ability to work with autonomy and operate with clear vision under pressure effectively and efficiently against uncertain and on unfamiliar grounds.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to articulate risks.
- Strong Technical Compliance and Risk Management knowledge including but not limited to AML/CFT, GPPR and laws and regulations in the Pension Industry.
- Proven track record in delivering results, and able to manage complexity and uncertainty and find solutions