Assistant Financial Controller - Hospitality
|Job Title:||Assistant Financial Controller - Hospitality|
|Contact Name:||Steve Zammit|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2018 16:25|
A position has arisen within the Hospitality industry in one of Malta’s prominent areas which forms part of a group of companies. They are looking to employ an Assistant Financial Controller to join their team.
Ensure accounts payable, accounts receivable, general cashier and payroll functions are operating in accordance with company policies and overall supervises the purchasing function and procurement of goods, assist the financial controller with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and issuing of daily and monthly reports to management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the Team Members and helps them with problems and their daily work.
- Training and development of accounting Team Members and succession planning in the absence of the Financial Controller.
- Is responsible, together with the Finance Team to adhere to the departmental SOP’s as laid down by the Financial Controller
- Produces timely financial statements and statistics as required by the Financial Controller
- Is responsible for reconciliation and checking of accounts before month closing
- Must be familiar with all duties and procedures of the Team Members in the finance department
- Manages cash flow in an efficient manner
- Represents the Finance function during the absence of the Financial Controller
- Assists the Financial Controller in budgeting and forecasting of annual profit, capital, cash and other short-term plans.
- Reports according to formats set by head office and the General Manager on the actual performance compared to budget and / or forecast with appropriate comments explaining the cause of variances, so that immediate action can be taken to achieve planned or forecast performance.
- Ensures that accurate bookkeeping is in place and that revenue and cost are booked in the correct time period.
- Ensures that accruals and provisions are booked accordingly
- To apply financial, commercial and business input into the operation to ensure that optimum performance is realised