A very well know brand specializing in food and beverages production and as a FMCG importer and distributor is currently looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join their finance team.
- Reporting and assisting the Financial Controller as may be required
- Leading a team of accounts clerks and administrators
- Ensuring that all postings and month end reconciliations are done properly and in time.
- Be actively involved in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and other end of month reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of audit files for external auditors
- Ensuring that all internal control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Actively participating in the implementation of new systems and procedures
- Encourage teamwork to enhance efficiency through improved performance
- Any other duties that may be required for the smooth running of the department
Education and Experience:
- An accountancy qualification or in the final stages of achieving a qualification
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a finance position will be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Good at multitasking and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Hardworking and able to prioritise and work at own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese
- An organised individual with an eye for detail