A leading firm in the Corporate Services industry is seeking to employ an Assistant Finance Manager.
- Managing the transaction and financial accounting processes for all Malta companies.
- Preparing the annual financial statements and supporting the audit process.
- Preparing management account and other information relevant to business performance.
- Providing finance business support to managers outside the Finance team.
- Formulating budgets, forecasts and other financial plans.
- Ensuring payments are made and received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifying simplification, automation, and cost-reduction opportunities within the business.
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recognized accounting qualifications with at least 2 years’ post-qualified experience.
- Approaches work in a methodical and organized manner, ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Keeps all relevant stakeholders informed of progress as appropriate.
- Anticipates potential challenges and develops plans to adapt and react accordingly.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Experience within an international audit firm preferred, but not essential.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Comfortable with using Finance IT systems (such as Info SunSystems).