With over 125 years of existence, our client currently operates in seven business sectors: Telecoms, Media & IT, Real Estate, Hospitality & Tourism, Commerce & Financial Services, Energy, Food & Beverages, and Home & Personal Care.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, the Assistant Company Secretary will be responsible to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and organising and administering meetings.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Statutory and Regulatory requirements, the CA 2001 and the Code of Corporate Governance.
- Organising and Administering Meeting of Shareholders, Board Meetings and Board Committee Meetings including timely issue of Notices and Agendas, preparation and compilation of Papers for Meetings, correct and accurate recording of Minutes of Meetings and validation thereof, timely circulation of Minutes of proceedings to Directors and/or Committee Members, and monitoring of action points.
- Assisting in the Development and Maintenance of the Governance Framework in line with the Code of Governance and Best Practices.
- Liaising with Regulators, Advisers and External Auditors.
- Preparation of Annual Reports for “Public Interest Entities” within the requirements of the Code of Governance and other standards; coordinate printing thereof and distribution to Shareholders.
- Communicating with Shareholders, and ensure that due regard is paid to their interest.
- Assisting Management in implementing and reorganisation of the Structure of Group Companies.
- Ensuring that the Group Companies operate in accordance with their respective Constitutive Document.
- Maintaining Statutory Registers and ensuring timely Statutory Filings with relevant regulatory Authorities.
- Managing internal and external Shareholder relationships.
- ICSA qualified or Degree in law and Management.
- At least 5 years of experience in Corporate Secretarial Services within Group Companies and Family Business, preferably Domestic Companies.
- Experience in the Administration of Companies listed on the SEM.
- Structured thinker with an ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Proactive, well-organized, detailed conscious and team player.
- Ability to work diligently and meet tight deadlines.