A well-reputed commercial bank is seeking to recruit its Application Support Officer whose primary responsibility is to provide support within the IT function in relation to core applications.
- To assist in domain expertise for providing level 1 and level 2 support, query resolution, maintenance and enhancement of the core applications.
- To understand and maintain the application setup in-line with business requirements and technology controls.
- Execute batch tasks and daily routine jobs on the application for the smooth functioning of the applications.
- Support the end users for their query and issue resolution.
- Prioritize issues and follow up internally/with vendors until resolution
- Recommend controls by identifying gaps; writing improved procedures
- Develop reports on the reporting platform for bank’s consumption
- Prepare status reports on tasks assigned and completed.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum Degree holder in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Core Application support preferably in Banking environment
- Working experience with Oracle database with SQL queries, stored procedures
- Experience in Core Banking, Treasury and Custody system support will be an advantage
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced setting, willing to take on new projects and be flexible
- Team player and problem solver attitude; should take responsibility and ownership.