Analyst within Securities and Markets Supervision - Grade 7
|Job Title:||Analyst within Securities and Markets Supervision - Grade 7|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 09:21|
The eventual appointee will undertake duties of an analytical nature in relation to various pieces of legislations within the function’s remit, particularly those requirements falling within the scope of the Investment Services Act. The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Perform analytical reviews to observe the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by Investment Services Licence Holders and eventually the regulatory obligations emanating from the MiFIR/MiFID and CRR/CRD.
- Assist in policy projects and related work (including updating of relevant rules, transposition, issuing guidance notes, dealing with circulars and consultations).
- Oversee a portfolio of investment firm licence holders by taking ownership of the relationship and effectively acting as a point of reference/relationship manager of such licence holders, from an off-site perspective.
- Undertake checks to ensure that regulatory returns are being submitted in a timely, accurate and diligent manner and any errors or misrepresentations are taken up with the relevant licence holder as a matter of priority.
- Engage and address any regulatory issues that may arise in the normal course of the supervised entities’ business to ensure that the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards is maintained.
- Take decisions and act on his/her own initiative in line with delegated authority and escalate issues outside his/her remit and area of responsibility with his/her seniors within the team.
- Identify high risk and high impact relationships and ensure that action is taken when warranted to protect and safeguard the interests of investors and ensure full compliance with regulatory provisions.
- Generate periodic off-site reports while assessing trends and signs of potential developments in the industry and raising any recommendations as deemed necessary.
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and non-regulatory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law or in Accountancy or in Banking and Finance related background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of Financial Services Sector. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's