The Securities and Markets Supervision section is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The section is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable. In addition, the section is responsible for the carrying out of FinTech related projects including policy development in areas relating to Distributed Ledger Technology and other emerging technologies.
As Analyst in Grade 7, the eventual appointee will:
- Work on policy related tasks in the field of FinTech;
- Form part of the Team responsible for the implementation of the MFSA FinTech Strategy;
- Be involved in the initial stages of processing of applications and appointments under the proposed Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Eventually undertake off and on-site supervision of licence holders authorised under the proposed Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Provide support to the FinTech Team in relation to queries and analytical issues, particularly those relating to the MFSA FinTech Strategy and authorisation and supervision under the Virtual Financial Assets Act; and
- Undertake such other tasks as may be delegated by line management.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy or in Banking and Finance related background or in any other Finance related qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of Financial Services Sector. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. Also, knowledge and/or experience in the field of information technology, virtual currencies and their underlying technologies, would be considered an asset.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.