The Role of Analyst
The eventual appointee will be joining a multidisciplinary team which recommends the preferred resolution strategies in line with relevant legislation and will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Assisting in the drafting of resolution plans
- Analyse and discuss recovery plans with their Manager and the Supervisor given the implications that such plans may have on the resolution plans
- Assisting with the resolvability assessments
- Undertaking assurance checks relating to the calculation of contributions by institutions which fall under the scope of the SRB
- Calculating the contributions for the institutions which do not fall in the scope of the SRB
- Assisting in the assurance checks of the Liability Data Template and other data
- Assisting in the formulation of simplified obligations for the Less Significant Institutions under the Resolution Committee’s remit
- Assisting in the implementation of the EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards
- Participation and co-ordination of meetings
- Carry out work related to EU developments
- Assist with the analysis and preparation of comments on documents discussed in various Working Groups and Task Forces
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments related to resolution matters that may arise from time to time and to report to the Head on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Finance or in a compatible recognised qualification, with emphasis in the banking and investment services sector.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.