Resolution is responsible for drafting resolution plans for banks and certain investment services firms, advise the Resolution Committee on whether an institution should go into liquidation or resolution and the application of resolution tools when necessary. Resolution interacts on an on-going basis with European institutions and local Authorities.
In order to retain its operational independence from the supervisory function, the Act contemplates the creation of a Resolution Committee and its underlying structures. The Resolution Committee shall have all the powers assigned to it by the Resolution Authority under the MFSA Act. The Resolution functions will be carried out as contemplated by the Act and as provided for by the Resolution Committee. Furthermore these structures will also have to administer the requirements emanating from the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD), Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR), the Recovery and Resolution Regulations (RRR) and the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) on the transfer and mutualisation of contributions to the Single Resolution Fund.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team and will be expected to join in the various duties that are undertaken by Resolution including the following tasks as necessary:
- Prepare resolution plans and/or assist in the drafting of such plans
- Analyse and discuss recovery plans as appropriate given the implications that such plans may have on the resolution plans
- Conduct or assist with the resolvability assessments
- Undertaking assurance checks relating to the calculation of contributions by institutions which fall under the scope of the SRB
- Calculating contributions for the institutions which do not fall in the scope of the SRB
- Conducting assurance checks of the Liability Data Template and other data
- Implementing SRB policy and the EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards
- Conduct policy related analysis and prepare policy documents related to Resolution
- Participation and co-ordination of meetings
- Carry out work related to EU developments
- Conduct or assist with the analysis and preparation of comments on documents discussed in various Working Groups and Task Forces
- To oversee and guide more Junior Staff in part of his/her duties;
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments related to resolution aspects, that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Economics or in a similar policy oriented background or relevant experience.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.