Analyst within Financial Stability
|Job Title:||Analyst within Financial Stability|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 14:29|
About Financial Stability
The Financial Stability function of the MFSA is responsible for risk monitoring and macro-prudential oversight in the financial services sector, the recommendation of regulatory measures to address systemic and other potential risks impacting the sector, and the implementation of policy initiatives to meet regulatory and financial stability objectives.
The team responsible for the development and exercise of this function interfaces with the microprudential supervisory functions of the Authority at the operational level, ensuring that all relevant information is shared and actioned across all areas of regulation and sector-specific supervision.
As Analyst in Grade 7, the eventual appointee shall:
- Contribute to the feedback required on proposed EU legislation in the area of macroprudential supervision and financial stability and the eventual transposition of this legislation into Maltese law;
- Contribute to the implementation of ESRB Recommendations and macro-prudential policy measures at the national level, including the drafting of the relevant rules and regulations;
- Participate in the development of the policy recommendations and internal procedures;
- Prepare analytical reports, briefings and policy-related documents on regulatory, financial and market-related issues in the relevant area of responsibility;
- Contribute to the ongoing risk discussion and oversight process;
- Attend and represent the MFSA in local and overseas meetings and working groups particularly those relating to the ESRB and other European regulatory bodies;
- Addressing stakeholder enquiries related to obligations and issues arising from the abovementioned legislation;
- Undertake other tasks as may be delegated by line management.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law, economics, accountancy or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post. A good knowledge of standard financial datasets and econometric models and knowledge of the EU financial regulatory framework would also be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Working experience and/or training considered relevant to the role would be an asset.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Investment Firms) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit