Conduct Supervisory section is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervisory section is a relatively newly-formed team which currently employs 25 persons and is projecting growth as it is gradually assuming a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of credit institutions, securities, trustees, company service providers, as well as insurance and pensions.
As Analyst in Grade 7, duties shall include:
- Conducting on-site supervision visits to verify that authorised trustees are meeting the requirements of the Trusts and Trustees Act and the relevant rules and regulations;
- Reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- Assisting in dealing with queries from authorised persons relating to supervision;
- Assisting in the supervision of company services providers;
- Assisting in the maintenance and dealing with requests for information from third parties in relation to the Register of beneficial owners of trusts;
- Carrying out ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Unit.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Banking & Finance or in another finance related background.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in financial services.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven
(7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.