Analyst (Securities) within Authorisation - Grade 7
|Job Title:||Analyst (Securities) within Authorisation - Grade 7|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 10:57|
The Authorisation is responsible for the processing of licensing applications of entities carrying out activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a financial services institution to operate in Malta. The Authorisation section is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different background and reviews an applicants’ business plan, funding sources, and persons in a position to exercise control on a given organisation. Licences issued in Malta can be used through passporting mechanisms to operate within European jurisdictions. In addition to issuing of licences, the section is responsible for processing passporting notifications under the relevant EU/EEA Directives. The section is also responsible for the processing of applications concerning change in control and change in approved persons through the processing of personal questionnaires to attest suitability of persons under the various regulatory requirements.
The eventual appointee will be responsible to:
- Analyse and process applications from the prospective Institutions or Collective Investment Schemes for authorisation, licensing and recognition to conduct financial services activities in Malta, in compliance with the requirements of MiFID, UCITS or AIFMD as applicable, local law and regulations;
- Assist in the monitoring and coordination of deadlines assigned when processing applications or when carrying out secondary reviews;
- Undertake the Secondary review of work as prepared by junior analysts in relation to an authorisation or approval;
- Participate in meeting with markets participants, such as; broker-dealers, asset managers, investment funds, market infrastructure providers,
- Communicate effectively and persuasively at the right level and establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Run due diligence checks and vet the competence of the proposed individuals against a profile of the applicant;
- Carry out other ad-hoc activities as may be determined by the Senior Manager, such as participation in projects, maintain or develop procedures as required.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking & Finance, Management, Law, or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of Securities. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit