The RoleThe eventual appointee will be responsible to:
- Analyse and process applications from the prospective Institutions or Collective Investment Schemes for authorisation, licensing and recognition to conduct financial services activities in Malta, in compliance with the requirements of MiFID, UCITS or AIFMD as applicable, local law and regulations;
- Assist in the monitoring and coordination of deadlines assigned when processing applications or when carrying out secondary reviews;
- Undertake the Secondary review of work as prepared by junior analysts in relation to an authorisation or approval;
- Participate in meeting with markets participants, such as; broker-dealers, asset managers, investment funds, market infrastructure providers,
- Communicate effectively and persuasively at the right level and establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Run due diligence checks and vet the competence of the proposed individuals against a profile of the applicant;
- Carry out other ad-hoc activities as may be determined by the Senior Manager, such as participation in projects, maintain or develop procedures as required.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of Securities. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.