Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit
|Job Title:||Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2019 19:31|
About Banking Supervision Unit
The Banking Supervision function within the MFSA is entrusted with the onsite and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The Policy Section within Banking Supervision provides policy stances and advice, both within the MFSA and to external stakeholders, with a view to the consistent and effective application of the local legislation as well as European Regulations and Directives. The section is also tasked with the transposition and application of such EU legislation and guidelines issued by the European Banking Authority.
Within this role you will form part of a team of policy experts and will be responsible for:
- The active participation in the preparation of replies with regards to EU proposals on legislative changes as well as eventual transposition of EU legislation into Maltese law;
- The development and amendment of relevant Acts and other legislation, as well as amendments to Banking and Financial Institutions Rules in order to address legislative changes arising from EU Directives, EBA Guidelines and market developments in these sectors;
- Participation in the preparation of the necessary work in relation to the coming into force of changes to legislation, including liaison with the MFSA's Legal and International Relations Unit (LIRU);
- Participation in the development of the policy and procedures of the Unit;
- Assist third parties/relevant authorities, as well as Malta's representatives in the EU as may be required in relation to queries that may arise in connection with any matters which may affect the supervision of credit and financial institutions;
- Dealing with day-to-day compliance issues emanating from the on-going supervision process of credit and financial institution's licence holders;
- Attending and representing the MFSA in local and overseas meetings and working groups particularly those relating to the EBA, ECB, ESRB and BIS and other European regulatory bodies;
- Addressing stakeholders' questions related to the supervision and regulation of credit and financial institution's licence holders;
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required by the Head and/or the senior management officials of the Unit from time to time.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law, accountancy, economics and banking or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also havea minimum of three (3) years' working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Financial Institutions) within Banking Supervision
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit