The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The Policy Section within the BS provides policy stances and advice, both within the MFSA and to external stakeholders, with a view to the consistent and effective application of the local legislation as well as CRR/CRD. The section is also tasked with the transposition and application of such EU legislation and guidelines issued by the European Banking Authority.
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Analyst in Grade 7 level and will report to the Senior Manager of the Policy Section within the Banking Supervision Unit. S/he will form part of the team of policy experts and will be responsible for:
- The active participation in the preparation of replies with regards to EU proposals on legislative changes as well as eventual transposition of EU legislation into Maltese law;
- The development and amendment to Banking and Financial Institutions Rules, as well as amendments to relevant Acts and legislation in order to address legislative changes arising from EU Directives, EBA Guidelines and market developments in these sectors;
- Participation in the preparation of the necessary background work in relation to the coming into force of changes to legislation, including liaison with the MFSA's Legal and International Relations Unit (LIRU);
- Participation in the development of the policy and procedures of the Unit;
- Dealing with the day-to-day compliance issues emanating from the on-going supervision process of credit and financial institution's licence holders;
- Attending and representing the MFSA in local and overseas meetings and working groups particularly those relating to the EBA, ECB, ESRB and BIS and other European regulatory bodies;
- Addressing stakeholders' questions related to the supervision and regulation of credit and financial institution's licence holders;
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required by the Head and/or the senior management officials of the Unit from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in accountancy, economics and banking or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA
, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA