The Securities and Markets Supervision section with a staff complement of 44, is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable. In addition the section is carrying out important work relating to policy development in areas relating to blockchain, ICOs and emerging technologies.
The selected candidate will:
- Undertake initial assessments of the licence holder through the compilation of the pre visit reports;
- Provide front line support during on site supervisory visits working closely with more senior members of the team;
- Contribute to the formulation, maintenance and compilation of internal checklists and ensure that exit reports are issued in a timely manner;
- Correspond directly with licence holders to resolve issues and ensure timely resolution of findings/action points in exit reports;
- Undertake other supervisory work as delegated by line management.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy or in Banking and Finance related background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of Financial Services Sector. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.