The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The section carries out supervision of Significant Institutions (SIs) together with the European Central Banks through the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). In addition to SIs, Less Significant Institutions (LSIs) are supervised through the SREP procedures. The team employs persons with a banking background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Analyst in Grade 7 level and duties may involve:
- Oversight of a number of Less Significant Institutions (LSIs) in line with the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) Supervisory Manual for LSIs;
- Working on the SREP carried out on a group of LSIs;
- Working as part of a Joint Supervisory Team in relation to a Significant Institution (SI);
- Analysis of supervisory teams, financial statements and the banks’ ICAAP and ILAAP documents;
- Other ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the Senior Management of the Office from time to time;
- Represent the MFSA at various working groups, task forces and similar groups, including those at the ECB and the EBA.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking & Finance or Accountancy or Economics and/or in another financial services related subject.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA
, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA