The Analyst in Grade 7 will undertake analytical duties related to on-site inspections conducted by Banking Supervision. The selected applicant would be required to undertake some or all of the following duties:
- Form part of joint on-site inspection teams on ECB instigated Missions at SIs comprising team members from the ECB itself and/or other SSM jurisdictions. On the other hand, he/she would also be required to form part of MFSA instigated on-site inspections at LSIs and FIs as part of an MFSA inspection team. An analyst may also be required to lead teams on certain inspection exercises at small LSIs and possibly FIs, depending on the exigencies of the Section. The main purpose of these periodic on-site Missions/inspections is to monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards of the licence holders and eventually the regulatory obligations emanating from the ECB/local banking and financial institutions legal framework.
- Take part in meetings with bank/FI officials during the course of onsite inspections or in anticipation and as a follow-up to such onsite inspections. In addition, the selected applicant would be required to review documentation during an on-site inspection; analyse such documentation and contribute towards the compilation of relative reports and assessments.
- Lead an on-site inspection, the selected applicant will be expected to plan the visit, liaise with his team members continuously before, during and post the on-site review and co-ordinate the work done by the whole team in order to draw up the on-site inspection report following the end of the review.
- Involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- Share information and assist other sections within the Banking Supervision and also other functions within the Authority.
- Represent the Authority or contribute towards the operation of regulatory committees and working groups operating within the SSM, EBA or similar overseas regulatory bodies and also within the local financial services sector.
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the Head or any other delegate depending on the exigencies of the Banking Supervision and the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking & Finance or Information Technology or Accountancy or Economics and/or in another financial services related subject.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
A relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.