About Banking Supervision
The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The section carries out supervision of Significant Institutions (SIs) together with the European Central Banks through the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). The ongoing supervision of SIs follows the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP). In addition to SIs, Less Significant Institutions (LSIs) are also supervised through the SREP procedures. The team employs persons with a banking background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
The successful candidate will be joining the Data Team within MFSA’s Banking Supervision. This team is entrusted with data-related projects, processes and exercises, including those emanating from the Capital Requirements Regulation, more specifically the Implementing Technical Standards on Supervisory Reporting (Regulation 680/2014), with the main objective of achieving high standards of data quality through efficiency.
The responsibilities of the eventual appointee shall include the following:
- Thorough quantitative and qualitative analysis of Supervisory Reporting data as submitted to the MFSA by various credit institutions (both SIs and LSIs), especially in terms of data quality;
- Participation in other data-related exercises and projects, both in-house and those with European Supervisory Authorities (EBA and ECB);
- Daily liaison with credit institutions, the ECB and the EBA in connection with ongoing tasks;
- Active participation in EBA/ECB working groups, as well as other European regulatory bodies as may be required;
- Other ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the senior management of the function from time to time.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Statistics or Accountancy or Economics or Banking and Finance or in another financial services related subject. Knowledge of Excel and experience in Business Intelligence tools will be considered an asset.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience related to this role within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you. Proven aptitude for a quantitative environment is required.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Find more jobs in Malta