The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The section carries out supervision of Significant Institutions (SIs) together with the European Central Banks through the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). In addition to SIs, Less Significant Institutions (LSIs) are supervised through the SREP procedures. The team employs persons with a banking background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
The Analyst in Grade 7 will be assigned to carry out work which will involve a number of the following duties:
- Processing of supervisory returns;
- Generation of reports;
- Liaison with the ECB and the EBA in connection with supervisory reporting;
- Attending and participating as may be required to the EBA, ECB, ESRB and BIS and other European regulatory bodies;
- Assisting in the further development of the Information Management System;
- Carrying out technical work requiring specialisation and competence in accountancy of banking and finance or mathematics and statistics or economics, or in any other area pertaining to financial services as may be required according to the On-Going Supervision of the Banking Supervision;
- Others ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the senior management of the function from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Statistics or Accountancy or Economics or Banking and Finance or in another financial services related subject. Candidates with advanced knowledge of Excel, including VBA would be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA
, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA