The Authorisation is responsible for the processing of licensing applications of entities carrying out activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a financial services institution to operate in Malta. The Authorisation section is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different background and reviews an applicants’ business plan, funding sources, and persons in a position to exercise control on a given organisation. Licences issued in Malta can be used through passporting mechanisms to operate within European jurisdictions. In addition to issuing of licences, the section is responsible for processing passporting notifications under the relevant EU/EEA Directives. The section is also responsible for the processing of applications concerning change in control and change in approved persons through the processing of personal questionnaires to attest suitability of persons under the various regulatory requirements.
The appointee will be joining a number of small multidisciplinary team involved in the processing of new applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones. Reporting into the Senior Manager within Authorisation, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- The processing of applications/appointments/amendments to licences;
- Dealing with Regulatory Queries;
- Attendance of meetings as required;
- Carrying out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory functions within the MFSA.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Mathematics and/or Statistics or in another finance related background.
- The role calls for a University Honours Degree or equivalent academic qualification in Mathematics and/or Statistics at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of insurance and pensions.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.