- Undertake assessments of licence holder through the compilation of high standard reports;
- Act as a contact point with licence holders, corresponding directly with these counterparties, reporting findings and resolving issues as they arise;
- Actively participate in on-site compliance inspections, ensuring that they are delivered with the required regulatory standards while interfacing with licence holders on an on-going basis;
- Provide front line support during on-site supervisory visits working closely with more senior members of the team;
- Conduct desk based reviews to determine whether licence holders are compliant with local primary and secondary legislation as well as regulations relating to investment services as updated from time to time, including financial documentation submitted to the MFSA on a periodic basis;
- Use judgement to identify high risk cases and prioritising accordingly, escalating issues when necessary to senior management; and
- Undertake other supervisory tasks or projects as delegated by line management.
Analyst (Investment Firms)
|Job Title:||Analyst (Investment Firms)|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 10:29|
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The candidate should possess the following skill set:
- ability to multi-task and work on own initiative with minimum supervision;
- be a self-motivated team player and able to adopt various roles within a team;
- excellent verbal and communication skills;
- ability to prioritise and deliver under pressure;
- highly IT literate with advanced knowledge in spreadsheets and databases; and
- sound analytical and judgemental skills compiling reports of a high standard.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services and/or compliance with financial services regulation for a number of years. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.