Analyst (International Sanctions) within Enforcement - Grade 7
|Job Title:||Analyst (International Sanctions) within Enforcement - Grade 7|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 09:19|
The Analyst (International Sanctions) will form part of the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement and will work closely with, assist and support the Head.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst (International Sanctions) shall include:
- Follow international and national developments on sanctions
- Keep up to date with new UN, EU and national sanctions issued from time to time
- Keep up to date with amendments to sanctions and amendments to sanctions lists
- Review and analyse UN, EU, national and US (OFAC) sanctions
- Pay special attention to terrorism-related financial sanctions
- Provide sanctions-related advice, guidance and assistance to MFSA staff and licence holders
- Disseminate relevant information to MFSA staff and licence holders
- Prepare notices / circulars / guidance to licence holders on sanctions matters
- Review and drafting of sanctions-related legislation as required
- Liaison and coordination with Sanctions Monitoring Board (SMB)
- Ensure all sanctions and amendments are published on MFSA website and upkeep of MFSA website page on sanctions
- Collect information on frozen assets
- Reply to due diligence requests related to sanctions
- Monitor names of newly listed persons
- Attend meetings of the Sanctions Monitoring Board as necessary
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or in another related background.
- Candidates would preferably have a knowledge of Maltese anti-terrorism/combating financing of terrorism legislation and awareness of UN and EU sanctions, in particular sanctions related to Al Qaeda, terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and experience related to international sanctions and their implementation for a minimum of two (2) years. Also, candidates would preferably be familiar with applicable international conventions and standards.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit