Analyst (Internal Auditor) within the Internal Audit
|Job Title:||Analyst (Internal Auditor) within the Internal Audit|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2019 15:44|
About the Internal Audit
The Internal Audit function within the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is established through the provisions of Article 12D of the MFSA Act (Cap. 330) which further establishes the structure, objectives and authority of the Internal Audit.
The Internal Audit Charter defines in general terms the purpose, scope of work, accountability, responsibility and authority of the Internal Audit function with the MFSA. It establishes the position of the Internal Audit function within the MFSA, authorises access to records, personnel and physical properties relevant to the performance of an audit engagement and defines the type and scope of the internal audit activities.
The responsibilities of the eventual appointee shall include the following:
- The participation in risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Exhibit the highest level of professional objectivity in gathering, evaluating and communicating information about the activity or process being examined.
- Assist in performing internal audit services in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or unit within established/required timeline. Assist in communicating findings to senior management; prepare and present reports that reflect audit findings.
- Monitor and asses the implementation status of agreed audit recommendations and report thereon to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Provide appropriate independent advice regarding governance, risk management and internal control processes for the better functioning of the MFSA.
- Assist in internal or external investigations of identified or alleged fraudulent activities, theft and corrupt practices with the MFSA in accordance with the Anti-Fraud Policy of the MFSA. Maintain open communication within the Internal Audit Unit, with the statutory external auditors of the MFSA and to provide the assistance and reliance required for the fulfilment of the statutory audit of the MFSA.
- Exercise the highest professional care in carrying out audit engagements and shall, as a minimum, observe the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding audit rules, best practices and techniques.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accounting/Auditing/Finance /Management or a related qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a related area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Finpro) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit
Senior Analyst (Finpro) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Investment Firms) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit