Analyst (Insurance) within Conduct Supervisory
|Job Title:||Analyst (Insurance) within Conduct Supervisory|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 13:05|
Conduct Supervision is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervision section is a relatively newly-formed team which currently employs 26 persons and is projecting growth as it is gradually assuming a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of credit institutions, securities, trustees, corporate service providers, as well as insurance and pensions.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Insurance supervision team in the review of conduct of the respective licence holders. Reporting into the Senior Manager within Conduct Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in on-site inspections carried out at the premises of insurance undertakings and intermediaries with a view to assess the latter’s adherence to the applicable conduct of business rules.
- Participate in any thematic reviews with respect to the insurance sector.
- To review the soundness of quantitative disclosures made to consumers as part of regulatory requirements.
- Assume responsibility for direct reports.
- Reply to queries from insurance undertakings and intermediaries relating to conduct matters which arise on a day to day basis;
- Represent the MFSA in engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including representation on any Standing Committees/Working Groups relating to investor protection of EIOPA.
- Assist in work related to the monitoring of reporting obligations of insurance undertakings and insurance intermediaries
- Assist in preparation of replies with regards to EU/EIOPA questionnaires.
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Conduct Supervisory Unit and the Authority.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or in law or in another related background. A relevant Post Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Financial Institutions) within Banking Supervision