25 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
The Securities and Markets Supervision Unit (“the Unit”) is responsible for the supervision of investment services licence holders and market infrastructure. Inter alia the Unit supervises collective investment schemes, fund management companies, securities services operators as well as investment firms. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets.
The Unit is tasked with maintaining the current statutes and investment services guidelines relating to securities and markets as well as the transposition of EU legislation as required from time to time.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The MFSA is looking for applicants with an accountancy or a banking and finance background and a solid experience in the financial services sector. The eventual appointee will be appointed at Analyst Grade 3 level and be as a reference point for a multidisciplinary team of analysts/supervisors within the area of regulation and off-site supervision at the Securities & Markets Supervision Unit.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or in other Finance related subjects or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
Work experience, ideally within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of five (5) years and preferably with eight (8) years;
The selected candidate will:
- Lead, coach and manage the off-site supervision team in the conduct of supervision of collective investment schemes and their service providers, working on a high volume of case work and managing a large portfolio of cases taking additional responsibility where necessary;
- Prioritise work load for the team and adopt a risk based approach to supervision;
- Assume responsibility for in the transposition and implementation of EU Directives, Regulations and Guidelines into Maltese legislation - specifically UCITS and AIFMD;
- Lead and assist in policy projects and related work (including updating of relevant rules and guidance notes, dealing with circulars and consultations);
- Deal with requests for assistance by national competent authorities/ enquiries from the general public or the funds industry;
- Identify process improvements and implement ways to work smarter and more efficiently resulting in cost saving and better turnaround of work;
- Act as reference to other direct reports and share knowledge and experience with them ensuring that they receive the necessary hands on training and support;
- Liaise with other regulatory units within MFSA as required from time to time;
- Any other duties and tasks as may be assigned by senior management.
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to interface with licence holders, exercise sound judgement and acting in an assertive manner with licence holders;
- Ability to demonstrate impact and credibility with senior industry professionals, including members of the board of directors and other senior officials of licence holders;
- Be a self-motivated team player and able to adopt various roles within a team, including, but not limited to, that of leader;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision but know when and how to escalate (to senior management) issues as may be required.
- Ability to produce high standard letters and internal/ external reports, as may be necessary.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.