Vacancy of Analyst Grade 2 within the Authorisation Unit
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
The Authorisation Unit
The Authorisation Unit is primarily responsible for the authorisation of entities carrying out licensable activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Purpose of the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is principally looking for applicants at a middle-management level with a solid financial or legal background, preferably in the areas of Banking and Financial Institutions.
The eventual appointee will be joining a number of small multidisciplinary teams involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related discipline in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post or a Degree in Law (LL.D) or a comparable recognised qualification in finance at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Proven work experience, within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the area of Banking and Financial Institutions.
The selected candidate will be:
- Responsible for processing of applications/appointments/amendments to licences
- Carrying out second reviews of work carried out within the Unit and act as reference point to other staff members
- Dealing with Regulatory Queries
- Attendance of meetings
- Carrying out work related to EU developments
- Liaising with other regulatory Units within MFSA
Soft Skills Required
a ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
b well developed written and verbal communication skills
c ability to work within a team
d ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
e a high degree of self confidence
f basic negotiation skills
g analytical skills
h co-ordination skills
i technical knowledge of regulatory matters
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.