Analyst Grade 2 (Trustees)
|Job Title:||Analyst Grade 2 (Trustees)|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 12:08|
Vacancy of Analyst Grade 2 (Trustees) within the Conduct Supervisory Unit
The Conduct Supervisory Unit
The Conduct Supervisory Unit is primarily responsible for the regulatory framework that secures appropriate consumer protection in financial services on a cross-sectoral basis, a pre-emptive supervisory regime seeking to address potential or emerging risks for financial services consumers, as well as an operational regime to strengthen the responsibility of regulated entities in treating customers fairly. The Conduct Supervisory Unit is also responsible for the supervision of trustees and fiduciaries as well as company service providers.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The Conduct Supervisory Unit consists of multidisciplinary teams with the responsibility of supervising the conduct of business of various regulated persons, including trustees and company service providers. The MFSA is looking for applicants with a law, accountancy or banking and finance background to increase the current pool of internal expertise in the team responsible for the supervision of trustees and other fiduciaries.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or Law (LL.D) or in other finance related subject or a comparable recognised qualification in a Finance subject at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Applicants are expected to have proven work experience, ideally within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years;
- Relevant training on trusts would be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will form part of the Unit’s Trustees’ supervision team and the duties attached to this post shall primarily consist in the supervision of persons authorised under the Trusts and Trustees Act.
- conducting on-site supervision visits to verify that authorised trustees are meeting the requirements of the Trusts and Trustees Act and the relevant rules and regulations;
- reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- assisting in dealing with queries from authorised persons relating to supervision;
- acting as a reference to other staff members during onsite visits;
- attending meetings both internally and with authorised trustees;
- assisting senior management in the development of procedures within the team;
- carrying out ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertaking any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Unit.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive and authoritative qualities;
- attention to detail;
- good negotiation skills.
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's