Analyst Grade 2 (Insurance & Pensions) within the Authorisation Unit
|Job Title:||Analyst Grade 2 (Insurance & Pensions) within the Authorisation Unit|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2018 11:18|
The Authorisation Unit is primarily responsible for the authorisation of entities carrying out licensable activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Purpose of the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is principally looking for applicants at a middle- management level. The eventual appointee will be joining a small multidisciplinary team involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones in the area of Insurance and Pensions.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy or the ACCA or in a financial services related discipline in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, or a comparable recognised qualification in Finance subjects at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Work experience, preferably in the insurance and/or pensions area for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years.
The selected candidate will be:
- Responsible for processing of applications/appointments/amendments to licences;
- Responsible to monitor deadlines in the processing of applications and other work within the Unit;
- Carrying out second reviews of application reviews;
- Co-Ordination of the Processing of Passporting notifications in terms of the relevant EU Directives;
- Dealing with regulatory enquiries;
- Participation and co-Ordination of meetings;
- Act as reference to other staff members;
- Carry out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory Units within MFSA.
Soft Skills Required
a) ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
b) well developed written and verbal communication skills
c) ability to work within a team
d) ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
e) a high degree of self confidence
f) basic negotiation skills
g) analytical skills
h) co-ordination skills
i) technical knowledge of regulatory matters
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's