Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision)
|Job Title:||Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision)|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 12:45|
Vacancy for Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) within the Enforcement Unit
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
The Enforcement Unit
Enforcement - The Enforcement Unit is responsible for reviewing the actions and where necessary conducting investigations of licence holders who have or are suspected of having committed serious compliance failures, serious misconduct or any other serious breaches of the law. The Enforcement Unit has a cross sectorial enforcement role and covers all areas falling under the MFSA’s supervisory function. The Enforcement Unit furthermore investigates the actions of persons carrying on financial services activities without having the necessary licence or authorisation. The Unit investigates also suspicious or dubious schemes and takes the appropriate action in such cases, including reporting suspicion of criminal activities to the police.
AML/CFT - The Enforcement Unit is responsible also for anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) supervision of MFSA licence holders. This consists in the supervision of compliance by MFSA licence holders with the requirements of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations and the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU) Implementing Procedures. Supervision is carried out by the MFSA jointly with the FIAU in a coordinated and integrated manner and with a risk-based approach.
International Sanctions - The remit of the Enforcement Unit includes also the monitoring of developments in the area of international (financial) sanctions issued from time to time by the United Nations Security Council, the European Union and through national legislation. The Unit seeks to ensure that licence holders are aware, understand and comply with the requirements of international sanctions and other restrictive measures including sanctions lists, and provides them with information and guidance thereon.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a finance or legal related academic background to form part of a supervisory team of analysts within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit. The eventual appointee will be appointed at management level (Analyst 2).
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related discipline or in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, or in Law (LL.D), or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Work experience, ideally within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years;
- a sound knowledge of Maltese anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism legislation and international AML/CFT standards and experience within an AML/CFT compliance environment for a minimum of two (2) years.
The Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) will form part of a supervisory team of analysts. The duties of the Analyst 2 shall primarily consist in the supervision of AML/CFT compliance by financial services licence holders, including trustees and company service providers. The main purpose is to monitor the level of compliance with the applicable AML/CFT law, regulations and FIAU Implementing Procedures.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) shall include:
- Data collection from subject persons, FIAU and MFSA Supervisory Units
- Assisting with analysis of data
- Assisting in risk assessment
- Assisting in the identification of supervisory priorities based on risk
- Coordination of joint supervisory work with FIAU
- Coordination with Supervisory Units
- Coordination with subject persons
- Conducting including taking a lead role in on-site supervisory visits
- Carrying out pre-visit preparatory work
- Carrying out post-visit work – preparation of visit reports and findings letters
- Attending meetings with subject persons as necessary
- Attending FIAU Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings
- Attending training / technical meetings at FIAU
- Compiling supervisory information for statistical purposes
- Replying to requests for information by FIAU and police
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within and lead a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive qualities;
- ability to conduct interviews of persons and to carry out inspections.
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst Grade 1 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) within the Enforcement Unit
Analyst Grade 1 (Legal Officer) within the Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst Grade 3 (Enforcement) within the Enforcement Unit
Analyst Grade 1 Securities and Markets Supervision Unit
Manager Grade 2 (Legal Officer) within the Legal & International Relations Unit