Analyst (Governance) within the Authorisation
|Job Title:||Analyst (Governance) within the Authorisation|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 11:37|
Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
As Analyst, you will be entrusted with the below duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting first reviews for suitability assessments in the processing of applications for Changes in Control and Approved Persons in regulated entities in line with regulatory requirements;
- Conducting first reviews for changes to the Offering Documentation in line with regulatory requirements;
- Conducting due diligence checks including coordinating with foreign regulators and other third parties as necessary;
- Dealing with regulatory queries as may be required.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking and Finance or Law in another finance related background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's