The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The BS team employs persons with a financial services academic background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work. The Financial Institutions section focuses its supervisory oversight over entities licenced in terms of the Financial Institutions Act, predominantly comprised of payment and/or electronic money institutions.
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Analyst in Grade 7 level and will be expected to report to the Senior Manager of the Financial Institutions section within Banking Supervision. The eventual appointee will undertake duties of an analytical nature and will be responsible to:
- Oversee a portfolio of financial institutions and perform analytical reviews to observe their level of compliance with applicable regulatory obligations;
- Undertake checks to ensure that regulatory returns are being submitted in a timely, accurate and diligent manner and any errors or misrepresentations are taken up with the relevant licence holder as a matter of priority;
- Generate periodic off-site reports on the basis of data submitted by financial institutions while assessing trends and signs of potential developments in the industry and raising any recommendations as deemed necessary;
- Engage and address any regulatory issues that may arise in the normal course of the supervised entities’ business to ensure that the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards is maintained;
- Assist in policy projects and related work (including updating of relevant rules, transposition, issuing guidance notes, dealing with circulars and consultations) in the ambit of the Financial Institutions Act;
- Represent the MFSA at various working groups, task forces and similar groups, including those at the ECB and the EBA;
- Other ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the Senior Management of the Unit from time to time;
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in accountancy, economics and banking or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA
, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA