About Insurance and Pensions Supervision
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The selected candidate will play a leading role within multidisciplinary teams of on-site and/or off-site supervisors at the Insurance and Pensions Supervision.
The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinate and/or undertake duties of an analytical nature in relation to periodic financial data submitted by licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences.
- Monitor the business performance of licence holders together with their level of compliance in line with applicable regulatory standards and financial obligations emanating from the Insurance and Pensions legal framework.
- Identify potential risks in relation to operations and capital adequacy.
- Identify any further action that might be necessary on the MFSA’s part as a result of the surveillance process.
- ‘Ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues related to capital adequacy and solvency that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- Participate in on site compliance visits.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy or a related qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant should also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a financial or audit environment, ideally in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.