About the Conduct Supervisory Unit
Conduct Supervision is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervision section is a relatively newly-formed team which currently employs 26 persons and is projecting growth as it is gradually assuming a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of credit institutions, securities, trustees, corporate service providers, as well as insurance and pensions.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Credit Institutions team in the review of conduct of the respective licence holders. Reporting to the Senior Manager within the Credit Institutions Team, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in on-site inspections carried out at the premises of credit institutions with a view to assess the latter’s adherence to the applicable conduct of business rules.
- Participate in any thematic reviews with respect to credit institutions.
- Assume responsibility for the drawing up of direct reports.
- Reply to queries from credit institutions relating to conduct matters which arise on a day to day basis
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Conduct Supervisory Unit and the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services, preferably banking and finance, or in law or in another related background. A relevant Post Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services.
Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.