Analyst (AML/CFT Supervision) within Enforcement - Grade 7
|Job Title:||Analyst (AML/CFT Supervision) within Enforcement - Grade 7|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 09:00|
The Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) will form part of a supervisory team of analysts. The duties of the Analyst 2 shall primarily consist in the supervision of AML/CFT compliance by financial services licence holders, including trustees and company service providers. The main purpose is to monitor the level of compliance with the applicable AML/CFT law, regulations and FIAU Implementing Procedures.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) shall include:
- Data collection from subject persons, FIAU and MFSA Supervisory Units
- Assisting with analysis of data
- Assisting in risk assessment
- Assisting in the identification of supervisory priorities based on risk
- Coordination of joint supervisory work with FIAU
- Coordination with Supervisory Units
- Coordination with subject persons
- Conducting including taking a lead role in on-site supervisory visits
- Carrying out pre-visit preparatory work
- Carrying out post-visit work – preparation of visit reports and findings letters
- Attending meetings with subject persons as necessary
- Attending FIAU Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings
- Attending training / technical meetings at FIAU
- Compiling supervisory information for statistical purposes
- Replying to requests for information by FIAU and police
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or in law or in another related background with a good knowledge of Maltese anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism legislation and ideally of international AML/CFT standards. A relevant PostGraduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's