The Analyst (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) will form part of the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit and will work closely with, assist and support the Head.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) shall include:
- Following international AML/CFT developments
- Following FATF work and review and analysis of FATF publications on standards, methodology, guidance, best practices, typologies and risk indicators
- Following the work of MONEYVAL and attending MONEYVAL meetings when required
- Keeping up to date with AML/CFT-related work of EU institutions, including the European Supervisory Authorities, and review and analysis of relevant EU Regulations, Directives, Guidelines and other publications
- Prepare replies to FATF, MONEYVAL and EU questionnaires on AML/CFT matters
- Disseminate relevant information to supervisory staff and subject persons
- Liaison with the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit as necessary
- Review and/or drafting of AML/CFT-related legislation including for the purpose of transposition of Directives and compliance with international standards
- Provide technical assistance and support on AML/CFT matters to MFSA staff and subject persons
- Prepare notices / circulars / guidance to subject persons on AML/CFT matters
- Assist in the provision of AML/CFT training
- Assist in the MONEYVAL evaluation
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law or in another related background. Candidates should be in possession of a warrant to practice as a lawyer in the courts of Malta.
- Candidates would be expected to have relevant AML/CFT work experience, ideally within the financial services sector and in the implementation of the applicable legislation and standards. Also, candidates would be expected to have a sound knowledge of Maltese anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism legislation as well as be familiar with international AML/CFT standards, including the FATF 40 Recommendations and the EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.