About Insurance and Pensions Supervision
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The selected candidate will undertake duties of an analytical nature in relation to information required for regulatory purposes in the area of insurance and pensions. Reporting to the Senior Actuary within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analysis of Solvency II reports submitted by licence holders;
- Assist in work related to Solvency II- standard formula; internal models and work related to stress testing;
- Statistical analysis related to the insurance, reinsurance and pension market performance and regulation;
- Compiling of statistical market reports and assistance with other reports;
- Prepare information and reports for MFSA internal use;
- Prepare information for MFSA publications or external use;
- Compiling of questionnaires and other information as part of MFSA’s reporting obligations to EIOPA and other international organisations.
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of insurance and pensions licence holders
- Other ‘ad hoc’ assignments as assigned by the Head of Insurance and Pensions Supervision.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics or a related qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant should also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a relate area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.