The Insurance & Pensions Supervision Unit of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and off-site surveillance of licensed pension schemes, pension funds, pension service providers, insurance and reinsurance undertakings and insurance intermediaries.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants at a senior management level with an Accountancy related academic background to increase the current pool of internal expertise in this particular area. The eventual appointee will form part of a multidisciplinary team of financial analysts/supervisors within the Insurance & Pensions Supervision Unit.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree in Accountancy or the ACCA qualification or a comparable recognised accountancy qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an asset.
- Applicants are expected to have worked in the pensions and/or insurance sector, preferably for not less than five (5) years.
- In depth knowledge of financial regulatory requirements applicable to the pensions or insurance sector.
The Analyst Grade 3 will undertake analytical duties related to compliance by insurance and pensions licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences. This work is undertaken as part of the on-going off-site surveillance process undertaken by the MFSA on licence holders. The main purpose of these periodic analytical exercises is to monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders and eventually the regulatory obligations emanating from the Insurance and Pensions legal framework.
The selected candidate will act as a reference to other staff members and will be also required to involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary. S/he may also be involved in on-site compliance visits.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- possess strong leadership and organisational skills with proven track record
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- a high degree of self confidence
- sound analytical and negotiation skills
- technical knowledge of regulatory matters
- conversant with the interpretation of financial statements
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.