Analyst 2 (Legal Officer) within the Regulatory Development Unit
|Job Title:||Analyst 2 (Legal Officer) within the Regulatory Development Unit|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2018 11:19|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a strong academic and career background to maintain its pool of technical expertise in areas related to market innovation and policy development. The successful candidate will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts within the Regulatory Development Unit.
- A University of Malta Degree in Law (LL.D) or a comparable recognised qualification at MQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree in a finance-related area would be considered an asset.
Applicants shall preferably have:
- Work experience, in the application of a range of financial services legislation for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years.
- an understanding of technology-related issues and legislation will be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will undertake duties of an analytical nature in line with the Unit’s responsibilities as follows:
- Provide legal and analytical input in relation to various regulatory issues and initiatives related to the Unit’s areas of responsibility based on the relevant expertise;
- Prepare technical papers and assist with the planning, design and drafting of legislation related to the Unit’s core functions;
- Research and monitor financial market innovation as well as supervisory trends and developments falling within the assigned areas of responsibility;
- Advise and act as a point of reference to other members of staff in his/her area of expertise;
- Contribute to the MFSA’s capacity to develop specialisation in specific areas of financial services legislation;
- Contribute actively to the formulation and execution of the Unit’s research programme;
- Review and provide technical feedback on working documents;
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, working groups responsible for particular projects; and attend technical meetings at internal, national and EU level.
Soft Skills Required
- demonstrates analytical acumen and an ability to develop solutions to address issues in hand;
- has a disposition to tackle technology-related subjects issues and/or tasks;
- establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with staff and management at all levels;
- prioritises tasks and pays attention to detail, even when under time pressure;
- feels at ease working in multidisciplinary environment;
- shows commitment to the achievement of organisational goals;
- shares information and supports team members in the achievement of common goals;
- has an ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative with minimum guidance;
- has well developed written and verbal communication skills.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's