Analyst 2 (Legal Officer)
|Job Title:||Analyst 2 (Legal Officer)|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 11:48|
Vacancy of Analyst 2 (Legal Officer) within the Regulatory Development Unit
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
The Regulatory Development Unit is entrusted with the assessment of market developments as they arise, thereby contributing to the formulation of policy initiatives to meet regulatory and financial stability objectives. As part of its responsibilities the Unit is required to monitor, research and support the development of legal and regulatory frameworks in line with the strategic objectives of the MFSA. Its duties include working with cross-Unit teams on new regulatory policies, frameworks and initiatives. The Unit also interfaces between the micro and macro prudential aspects of regulation and liaises with the relevant Units and Institutions in matters related to financial stability and systemic risk.
This wide ranging remit offers a variety of professional opportunities ranging from policy formulation and risk analysis to quantitative research and modelling. The Unit also offers exposure to international institutions such as the ECB, ESRB and the European Supervisory Authorities.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a strong academic and career background to maintain its pool of technical expertise in areas related to market innovation and policy development. The successful candidate will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts within the Regulatory Development Unit.
- A University of Malta Degree in Law (LL.D) or a comparable recognised qualification at MQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree in a finance-related area would be considered an asset.
Applicants shall preferably have:
- a minimum of four (4) years’ proven professional experience in the application of a range of financial services legislation;
- an understanding of technology-related issues and legislation will be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will undertake duties of an analytical nature in line with the Unit’s responsibilities as follows:
- Provide legal and analytical input in relation to various regulatory issues and initiatives related to the Unit’s areas of responsibility based on the relevant expertise;
- Prepare technical papers and assist with the planning, design and drafting of legislation related to the Unit’s core functions;
- Research and monitor financial market innovation as well as supervisory trends and developments falling within the assigned areas of responsibility;
- Advise and act as a point of reference to other members of staff in his/her area of expertise;
- Contribute to the MFSA’s capacity to develop specialisation in specific areas of financial services legislation;
- Contribute actively to the formulation and execution of the Unit’s research programme;
- Review and provide technical feedback on working documents;
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, working groups responsible for particular projects; and
- Attend technical meetings at internal, national and EU level.
Soft Skills Required
- demonstrates analytical acumen and an ability to develop solutions to address issues in hand;
- has a disposition to tackle technology-related subjects issues and/or tasks;
- establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with staff and management at all levels;
- prioritises tasks and pays attention to detail, even when under time pressure;
- feels at ease working in multidisciplinary environment;
- shows commitment to the achievement of organisational goals;
- shares information and supports team members in the achievement of common goals;
- has an ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative with minimum guidance;
- has well developed written and verbal communication skills.
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst 2 (Legal Officer) within the Regulatory Development Unit
Manager Grade 2 (Legal Officer) within the Legal & International Relations Unit
Financial Planning Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
Analyst 1 Authorisation Unit