Analyst 1 (Company Service Providers)
|Job Title:||Analyst 1 (Company Service Providers)|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 11:58|
Vacancy of Analyst 1 (Company Service Providers) within the Conduct Supervisory Unit
The Conduct Supervisory Unit
The Conduct Supervisory Unit is primarily responsible for the regulatory framework that secures appropriate consumer protection in financial services on a cross-sectoral basis, a pre-emptive supervisory regime seeking to address potential or emerging risks for financial services consumers, as well as an operational regime to strengthen the responsibility of regulated entities in treating customers fairly. The Conduct Supervisory Unit is also currently responsible for the supervision of trustees and fiduciaries as well as company service providers.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The Conduct Supervisory Unit consists of multidisciplinary teams with the responsibility of supervising the conduct of business of various regulated persons, including trustees and company service providers. The MFSA is looking for applicants with a law, accountancy or banking and finance background to increase the current pool of internal expertise in the team responsible for the supervision of company service providers.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or Law (LL.D) or in other finance related subject or a comparable recognised qualification in a Finance subject at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
Relevant training on Company law and/or trust law and relevant work experience would be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will form part of the Unit’s CSP supervision team and the duties attached to this post shall primarily consist in the supervision of persons registered under the Company Service Providers Act.
- conducting on-site supervision visits to verify that registered Company Service Providers are meeting the requirements of the Company Service Providers Act and the relevant rules issued by the MFSA;
- reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- assisting the Unit’s Trustee Supervision team as required;
- carrying out ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Unit.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive and authoritative qualities;
- attention to detail;
- basic negotiation skills.
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's