The Authorisation Unit
The Authorisation Unit is primarily responsible for the authorisation of entities carrying out licensable activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Purpose of the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is principally looking for applicants at a junior level with solid background in the financial services sector.
The eventual appointee will be joining a number of small multidisciplinary teams involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related subjects or a comparable recognised qualification in Finance at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- Work experience within the financial services environment, preferably in the securities/trusts area, would be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will be involved in the initial stages of processing of applications; processing of the competence requirements for the appointments of individuals by licence holders; conducting due diligence exercises on individuals and prospective licence holders; handling on-going regulatory requirements and dealing with Regulatory Queries. S/he may also be expected to attend meetings with clients.
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- A high degree of self confidence
- Basic negotiation skills
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.