Seeking an experienced AML officer to join an international bank in Malta.
- Handle queries from correspondent banks and relevant authorities such as the FIAU/Police/Courts/AG in a timely manner;
- Liaising with other Departments within the Bank;
- Monitoring of existing accounts to check that due diligence is up to date and that activity on the account is in line with the customer’s KYC;
- Prepare ML/FT risk assessment reports on prospective customers of the Bank in order to generate the appropriate risk rating;
- Checking Due Diligence and adequate KYC of prospective customers;
- Checking and vetting prospective customers against internal and external blacklists as well as customer acceptancy guidelines;
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in national and international legislation on AML/CFT;
- Investigate suspicions of money laundering and submit internal suspicion transaction reports to the MLRO when relevant;
- General office administration such as record keeping and data inputting.
The ideal candidate needs to possess previous experience in a similar role within a Bank, and ideally is also in possession of a qualification in banking and finance. Excellent communication skills in English is required together with a good eye for detail.