AML& KYC Officer
|Job Title:||AML& KYC Officer|
|Salary:||€28,000 - €30,000|
|Contact Name:||Tijana Tufek|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 07:37|
A global sports and entertainment company providing a blockchain-backed solutions is seeking to employ an AML& KYC Officer. Their diverse and extraordinary team - that spans 20+ nationalities - are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
Reporting to the Customer Operations Manager the AML & KYC Officer will be responsible for the due diligence upon new clients according to established policies and procedures, the distribution and prioritisation of tasks, co-ordinating Enhanced Due Diligence processes and assist with team administration. The AML & KYC Officer will also review client’s transactions to detect, investigate and report either proposed or completed suspicious transactions.
Job duties include:
- Performing the due diligence on new clients, requesting KYC information, documentation, review and verification of received documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new clients;
- Maintain quality control for customer due diligence documentation (such as passports, IDs, bank statements, etc.);
- Assess whether additional KYC documents are required and follow up the process;
- Assess document inconsistencies with client data provided;
- Reviewing enhanced due diligence documents received;
- Develop, implement and document processes and procedures around KYC verification;
- Develop knowledge base on fraudulent documents;
- Periodically evaluation existing clients according to established policies and procedures;
- Investigate high risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete the client file and approve the client’s acceptance;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
- Support other departments (compliance, payments, customer service) to ensure effective monitoring of anti-fraud and anti-money laundering activities throughout the company and solve queries about suspected fraudulent and money laundering operations;
- Specific projects which may arise from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position (carrying out AML, user verification and KYC processes);
- Good understanding of AML and CTF framework;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills;
- Experience with processing data and interpreting information (e.g. from databases or reports);
- A keen eye-for-detail and interest in fraud prevention;
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate issues clearly and concisely;
- A professional with a can-do attitude, ready to learn while work autonomously;
- Previous experience with AML monitoring and screening is an advantage;
- Previous experience in antifraud operations of a large international online business will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written. A level of proficiency in another language (Italian, Spanish, French, Chinese) would be desirable.