15 days ago
An international insurance company offering Travel insurance, International healthcare, Broking and Ancillary Personal Lines is currently looking for an Agency Business Manager to join its team here in Malta. Reporting to the European Financial controller and benefiting from the following you will be responsible for:
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- Occupational Pension Plan.
- Priority Pass prestige membership with unlimited airport lounge visits for employee.
- Friday drinks and team events.
- Effectively manage the insurance agent business of CISEL.
- Ensure adequate documentation of agent’s activities and controls.
- Assist the Group Finance function in delivering results.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand key risks, concerns and issues of the business.
- Assist the Malta General Manager with operational matters.
- Assist in the production of BoD material.
- Group reporting, including monthly management packs and annual Group Audit Packs ensuring they are completed in line with Group deadlines.
- Support the production of the Financial Statements and the Regulatory reporting under Solvency II.
- Ensure the implementation of the IFRS 17 standard.
- Reconciliation and internal control frameworks with a key focus on driving ongoing process improvements.
- Assist in planning and coordinating external and internal audits.
- Balance sheet reviews and reconciliation.
- Completion of quarterly analytical reviews for both P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Undertake ad hoc projects / assignments or business requests for information.
Skills and Experience:
- Adequate experience in insurance distribution activities.
- Appropriate and relevant accounting / insurance qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACII)
- Strong technical knowledge and experience from working in an insurance. finance function, with exposure to IFRS 17, IFRS 9 and Solvency II.
- Insurance or financial services experience with a good understanding of local regulatory requirements and accounting regimes.
- General operational accounting experience and background in a related field an advantage.
- Advanced Excel skills essential.
- Strong finance systems experience - SAP systems experience an advantage
- Experience of process improvements.
- Ability to interpret commercial contracts, ensuring that financial considerations have been factored in.
- Ability and experience working both as a team player and individually.
- A self-starter and ability to work with limited day to day supervision.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise activities.
- Experience of delivering against tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- An excellent communicator and influencer who has built strong relationship with personnel across all levels and to work as a partner with the business.