Administrative Assistant within the Banking Supervision Unit
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant within the Banking Supervision Unit|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2018 09:28|
The Banking Supervision Unit (BSU) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and on-going supervisory surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants to provide administrative support to a multidisciplinary team of analysts at the Banking Supervision Unit.
- Diploma in Financial Services Operations and Compliance OR a Diploma in Corporate Finance, Treasury and Portfolio Management OR an Accountant Technician Diploma OR a Diploma in another Finance related subject recognised at NQF level 5 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC);
- Eight (8) ‘O’ Levels including English, Maltese and Mathematics;
- ECDL Certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
- Possession of proven administrative work experience and secretarial/front office/client facing skills would be positively considered. Competence in advanced techniques in Excel would be considered as an asset.
The selected candidate will be expected to apply her/his academic qualifications and work experience to the various day to day duties as directed by the Director of the Banking Supervision Unit or any other official who the Director delegates for such purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
a) General office and administrative duties to support the Unit’s Director;
b) Providing general administrative support to the Unit teams, including filing, archiving, drafting of documents, managing incoming and outgoing of mail, drafting business correspondence, scheduling and coordinating meetings and supporting travel arrangements;
c) Assisting in updating the Unit’s databases;
d) Providing assistance as may be required in respect of inter alia, coordination of activities relating to the participation at SSM related fora.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- self confident with secretarial/front office/client facing skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Analyst within Securities and Markets Supervision - Grade 7
Analyst (Financial Analyst) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Senior Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 6
Senior Analyst (Financial Analyst) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 6