Vacancy of Administrative Assistant within the Banking Supervision Unit
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
The Banking Supervision Unit
The Banking Supervision Unit (BSU) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and on-going supervisory surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants to provide administrative support to a multidisciplinary team of analysts at the Banking Supervision Unit.
- Diploma in Financial Services Operations and Compliance OR a Diploma in Corporate Finance, Treasury and Portfolio Management OR an Accountant Technician Diploma OR a Diploma in another Finance related subject recognised at NQF level 5 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC);
- Eight (8) ‘O’ Levels including English, Maltese and Mathematics;
- ECDL Certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
- Possession of proven administrative work experience and secretarial/front office/client facing skills would be positively considered. Competence in advanced techniques in Excel would be considered as an asset.
The selected candidate will be expected to apply her/his academic qualifications and work experience to the various day to day duties as directed by the Director of the Banking Supervision Unit or any other official who the Director delegates for such purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
- General office and administrative duties to support the Unit’s Director;
- Providing general administrative support to the Unit teams, including filing, archiving, drafting of documents, managing incoming and outgoing of mail, drafting business correspondence, scheduling and coordinating meetings and supporting travel arrangements;
- Assisting in updating the Unit’s databases;
- Providing assistance as may be required in respect of inter alia, coordination of activities relating to the participation at SSM related fora.
Soft Skills Required
a ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
b good written and verbal communication skills
c ability to work within a team
d ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
e self confident with secretarial/front office/client facing skills
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.