Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
As Administrative Assistant in Grade 9, you will be reporting to the Head of the Unit or to any other person the Head may delegate for the purpose of assigning duties and responsibilities as applicable to the Grade from time to time.
Your duties will involve:
- Handling the general office duties which mainly include secretarial and other support duties depending on the exigencies of the Authorisation; Handling of incoming and outgoing mail;
- Handling and re-directing of telephone calls; Booking of meeting rooms;
- Filing and record keeping of databases; Updating of relevant website;
- Assisting in the Due Diligence Process and Personal Questionnaires; Processing of passporting notifications;
- Issuing letters of appointment, letters to compliance officers and money laundering reporting officers;
- Diary management
- Assist in the general reception duties of the MFSA.
We are looking for candidates with a good academic background in general business administration.
The role calls for the possession of passes in 6 (six) O’ Levels or equivalent that include English, Maltese and Mathematics, and an ECDL certification or equivalent as proof of computer literacy.
If you do not have the necessary academic but you have at least two (2) years of relevant clerical experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.